Sterile Eye Drops
Product Name: Levofloxacin 0.5%
Levofloxacin is a sterile topical solution for ophthalmic use. Each 100 mL contains 0.5g Levofloxacin as hemihydrates as active ingredient. This product is a preservative free product
Levofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial, which diffuses through the bacterial cell membrane and inhibits protein synthesis.
Levofloxacin is indicated for the treatment of corneal ulcers and conjunctivitis which caused by susceptible strains of bacteria.
Dosage and Administration:
Children over 6 year of age, adult and adolescent dose:
Bacterial conjunctivitis: Instill 1 or 2 drops in each eye every two hours, while patient is awake, for two days, then 1 or 2 drops every four hours, while patient is awake, for the next five days.
Corneal ulcers: Instill 2 drops in the affected eye every 15 minutes for 6 hours, then 2 drops every 30 minutes, while patient is awake, for the rest of day one, 2 drops every hour, while patient is awake, on day two, and 2 drops every four hours, while patient is awake, on days three through fourteen. If corneal reepithelialization has not occurred after fourteen days of treatment, treatment may be continued.
Information for patients:
- Wash your hands gripping the unit by the end. Remove a single use unit from the pack
- Twice the cap off the single use unit.
- Till head backward, pull down the lower eyelid with your forefinger.
- Look upward just before applying a drop.
- After applying the drop into the gap between the lid and the eye, look downward for seconds.
- With eyes closed, apply pressure with fingers to the inside corner of eye for 3 to 5 minutes.
The second drop should be applied in appropriate intervals at least 15 minutes.
Repeat the procedure for your other eye and then discard the single use unit.
Sina Darou Levofloxacin (Antibacterial) Single Use Sterile Eye Drops are available as 0.5 mL sterile solution in 0.6mL sterile vials. 30 vials are packed in carton boxes along with brochures.